DIGITAL MARKETING and PURCHASING SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS IMPROVEMENTS
I’m Emma, a Marketing and Purchasing professional based in Cambridgeshire, UK. I’m here to help with your Digital Marketing, Website, Social Media, Purchasing, Supply chain, or Strategic plans.
I am professionally qualified in Marketing (MCIM, DipM), Purchasing (MCIPS), and Digital and Social Media (Higher National Diploma). I’ve worked for large businesses in private and public sector roles in Purchasing and Marketing teams, and sometimes across them.
As a trained negotiator I have a track record of getting the right deal and building long-term relationships. As a creative Marketing professional, I have managed my own digital media campaigns and promotions in the entertainment industry, as well as my extensive online achievements as an employee.
Because of this, I have a good appreciation of suppliers, customers, and stakeholders in manufacturing, distribution, finance, and the public sector. But as professional Buyers and Marketers, we know this can change in a second so I’m continually refreshing my skills to keep up and stay current.
I always take a holistic approach so I’ve never enjoyed working in a silo. I prefer to energize and cross territorial divides, to create a single vision that speaks to customers and suppliers in an integrated way.
I’M THE TYPE WHO …
- Gens up on Gen Z, baby boomer online shoppers, and the future role for AI. There will come a time when I want to use it to make a case for change
- Quickly tunes in to a social media channel tone of voice and the fit with the product’s voice
- Analyses customer experience data to identify any changes to the “mix” to match their real-time needs and expectations
- Loves being in the thick of the customer action in the front line, but is not afraid to do the deep-diving administrative and number crunching jobs first
- Enjoys change management and measuring supply chain efficiencies, to recommend solutions to reduce waste and improve efficiency
- Dives into Strategic supplier segmentation projects focussing on risk minimization and new market opportunities
- Gets people together to solve problems, where all contributions count and we share common goals for the good of the team
Some people might think they want a “consultant” type, but that feels too remote and I prefer to be more hands-on. I like to be more actively involved in helping a team to help themselves in a project. Because when we achieve success together I like to feel I left something of myself out there that made a bit of a difference.
Marketing or Purchasing? It’s all digital and what I love to do, who said I have to choose?
I hope I can do it for you so let’s talk!
“The Best Marketing Doesn’t Feel Like Marketing”Tom Fishburne, Founder of Marketoonist
“When consumers purchase a Toyota, they are not simply purchasing a car, truck or van. They are placing their trust in our company.Akio Toyoda
LAtest from the Blog
This weekend I decided to rearrange my home office space so that it looks and feels as good as, if not better than being “at work”. However, I don’t think anything can replace the atmosphere, banter, and general feeling of being with people and belonging to a dynamic team. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype and similar … Continue reading Open for business – Remote home working, and self-care
I attended the eCommerce Expo & Technology for Marketing Virtual 2020 marketing digital event this week, to get away from my CPD refresher course studying after writing 18 x 20 page assignments in two weeks. It was weird to go to an exhibition where I’m not on a stand high on caffeine and tottering around … Continue reading Passionate about underpants?
Remember when the sound of the letterbox made you run down the stairs in anticipation, only to find it was someone trying to hit their physical junk mail quota by posting something you are never going to need or use? I still get similar email stuff that I probably signed up to when I was … Continue reading Amazon’s plonk and run